Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Let me introduce you to Wren Romany

Wren is the sixth born Romany and the third girl. At the time she was sent out into the great wide world on her own, she was in her twentieth spring.

Standing about five and a quarter feet from the ground, she is not someone you would pick out in a crowd. With her medium, brown hair and tan face, she takes after her namesake. Always practical, Wren wears her long, straight, hair in one thick braid down the center of her back. Her only remarkable features are her hazel eyes, wide and large for her face, they change color with her emotions ranging from moss green to a rich brown.

A quiet woman, more at home among the trees and wildlife of the wilderness, Wren had never found it easy to fit in with other humans. However, she does have to make a living. Well known by those who have use for her skills, she is an expert tracker and has been known to track men for miles through the worst conditions. She handles a whole range of weapons, from long bow to sword, with skill and finesse. Without a weapon, she is still a force to be reckoned with, strong and lithe.

Despite her antisocial nature, she does have one unit where she feels she belongs and that is with her family. She knows she can always count on them and they depend on her, calling on her frequently for help.


About me

My name is Rachel Rossano. I am a lover of words. I can trace my fascination back into my early childhood. The development of my love of writing began when I was beginning my teens. Since then, stories have filled my life, occupying my moments of silence, and flowing from my fingers on to the page. With each project, I try to improve my craft, striving for more moving, clear, and engaging prose. I keep a regular blog at www.xanga.com/anavrea, where I post stories in serial form. I have published one book, The Crown of Anavrea, which you can learn more about by going to one of my websites: www.geocities.com/crownofanavrea or www.freewebs.com/anavrea.

I hope you enjoy Wren's story. Please let me know what you think as you read along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home